* Login   * Register

Last visit was:
It is currently May 19th, 2019, 10:43 am

blindspot
 Post subject: President's Address to Saddam
PostPosted: March 17th, 2003, 7:12 pm 
Abstract Guru
Abstract Guru

With the address that i'm sure many of you have seen, the President declared that Saddam must leave within 48 hours or force will be used. Just curious on what all of you think will happen or your view of how President Bush handled all this...

emo_boy
 Post subject:
PostPosted: March 17th, 2003, 7:39 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

no comment about what's happening now, besides the slow-downward of society.... as far as bush, he's an idiot. He is the worst when it comes to speeches, people actually consider him one of the worst president speech giver(this guy could be telling us all that the USA is blowing up and he'd still have a smile on his face, he cant be serious). Obviously this guy won the president spot because of his dad(who was actually alright) and of coarse the imfamous 're-count deal'.

Just my 2 cents...

alex
 Post subject:
PostPosted: March 17th, 2003, 8:32 pm 
Abstract Expert
Abstract Expert

I personally thought it was a good speech, straight and to the point. He told Sadam what he needed to do, and got in a little snub at France/Germany/UN, but not nearly as much as he should have. I also think that this war is a good thing, to a certain extent, I dont like the fact that people will die, but more people (maily Iraqi) would die if it doesn't take place. It seems to me that in order for the world to "approve" of a war, is going to take another 9/11, which is exactly what Bush is trying to prevent, so im all for it. It was made clear to Sadam what he needed to do, it's his own fault for not doing it.

blindspot
 Post subject:
PostPosted: March 17th, 2003, 10:34 pm 
Abstract Guru
Abstract Guru

I agree with you that the speech was a decent one. I am not a Bush fan at all, but I think he did a great job at saying and doing what is needed. I'm just interested in the couple of days that follow. I thought it was good that he warned any civilians, i just hope we follow through with the measures of making sure collateral damage is minimal. Just a side note...i thought it was funny that Canada refused to take part in any war, have they ever been part of any war? I swear, all they do is sit above us and twidle their thumbs because they have no real purpose.

emo_boy
 Post subject:
PostPosted: March 17th, 2003, 10:46 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

im not big into politics, but really that's what war is about. Dont get me wrong, of coarse we need to stand up for our selves, but do we need to do it in an agressive way? I mean think of all the tax money it's going to take just to feed those boys that we send over to Iraq and the amount of money we will be paying after the war. I mean once we 'destory' inocent people and property, we do this thing in which we build back up that country. Yeah, Candana may not be playing a bad role in what they are doing, i mean who plays their cards more right then they do in the whole war aspect? I need not to say we're doing anything wrong, other than George W. is a phoney fake comedian when it comes down to it. Just keep in mind this:

"Silence Kills the Revolution"--B.S.F.

blindspot
 Post subject:
PostPosted: March 17th, 2003, 11:09 pm 
Abstract Guru
Abstract Guru

I disagree with you in that we should just sit back and do nothing like Canada, or that they are playing their "cards" well. I feel that will get nobody nowhere. We have to stand up against sadam or his regime will just grow stonger. It shows people around the world that you are lazy if you refuse to help people out in need. I feel it just reflects very poorly on your image, or a countries image in this case.

emo_boy
 Post subject:
PostPosted: March 17th, 2003, 11:18 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

if you read my post a little closer then you can gather, that it's all politics, but i did say that we do need to stand up for our selves, but I really dont think that we need to lose millions of dollars in tax money over it...... Most of my post was 'trying' to aim towards how cool our President is, so i leave you w/ a few quote from the smartest,coolest president ever, lol......

P.S.(if canada is not doing well as far as not getting into conflicts, are you saying that getting into conflicts and promoting war is a good thing? I must certainly think not, they have done a good job at not messing w/ other countrys (partical isoloatism))

"The vast majority of our imports come from outside the country."

"We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a part of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a part of Europe."

"We are ready for any unforeseen event that may or may not occur."

"For NASA, space is still a high priority."

"If a person doesn't have the capacity that we all want that person to have, I suspect hope is in the far distant future, if at all."

"Drug therapies are replacing a lot of medicines as we used to know it".