* Login   * Register

Last visit was:
It is currently April 8th, 2020, 5:39 pm

Jaggi
 Post subject: How much?
PostPosted: March 10th, 2007, 5:34 pm 
Abstract Guru
Abstract Guru

ok i'm doing some freelance work for some people which may lead onto several jobs but they said to just tell them how much i want for it. Well i don't have a clue in hell on how much to charge people at all so wondering if you lot had any input.

Its basically a one page design for coding up the css and html while the people who hired me do the graphics so i'm their coder so to speak. The work will probably take me between 1hr and 2hrs to complete if i keep at it. So what do you lot charge if you have experience and what should i consider? don't wanna do too much and scare them off or too little and end up short.

br3n
 Post subject:
PostPosted: March 10th, 2007, 6:59 pm 

if its a job to get ur foot in the door, work for cheap.

if its a job to feed a family, work out a resonably hourly rate, estimate how long it'll take, add 1/4 on for those extra bits you forgot when you did the initial estimate and bobs your uncle.

Personally id be interested in establishing links with companys and getting a good portfolio before you worry about money, Money is a bi-product of sucess.

Jaggi
 Post subject:
PostPosted: March 10th, 2007, 7:14 pm 
Abstract Guru
Abstract Guru

well its just some spare change but it ain't no career either but i going to keep it pretty on the level and not charge too much but not undercut myself either.

AND BR3N the one time i looked to bug you on msn (before i made this post) your not online, pff.

emo_boy
 Post subject:
PostPosted: March 10th, 2007, 7:59 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I agree with br3n. Sounds like your not doing it for the "to feed your family" or that you are desperate for money. Seems like you are doing it for the experience, I would set a lower price that you had in mind for the job. Especially, if it's nothing too over the top to code. If it's pretty unique code to do, than maybe you should take that into consideration as well.