* Login   * Register

Last visit was:
It is currently February 28th, 2020, 4:59 am

Zach-E2
 Post subject: Creative Arts Conference? Thoughts?
PostPosted: November 7th, 2007, 11:36 am 
Abstract Member
Abstract Member

What would guys think if there was a conference set up in Houston or The Woodlands, TX for next spring or summer that dealt with photography, design, videography, etc?

If you could bring in guest speakers, who would they be?
What topics would you want addressed?

Would you go if there was a big after party?
What music would you like to see there?

If you know of conferences that you've been to that have helped you or that you thought were amazing, please let us know so we will have something to reference to!

Thanks!
Zach

eos
 Post subject:
PostPosted: November 7th, 2007, 4:41 pm 
Abstract Master
Abstract Master

hmm... what kind of people would a creative arts conference party consist of?.. haha... i think it'll need more marketing towards the female artists ;)

also i think more people would go if it were somewhere more metropolitan... like NY or LA... i duno the demographics of houston, but i dont think they have as much artsy folks over there as they do in the 'big' cities

as far as guest speakers.... hmmm.... i would get some representatives from the more popular design magazines.. with the likes of photoshop creative, photoshop user, etc...

and to ensure more of an attendance... market the conference to digital and traditional artists as well... some (or most) digital artists are traditional canvas artists too... so i guess word of mouth mixed with advertising would be best

also, depending on the time of the conference, if it's near the holidays and airfare is up the wazoo, not a lot of out of towners will attend...

ok i just realized that im writing a book here...

bye

emo_boy
 Post subject:
PostPosted: November 8th, 2007, 7:08 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Sounds interesting. I know that setting up a conference can be a very difficult thing to do, as far as planning everything out but also attendance. It can be hard getting people to actually attend, thats what I would be mostly worried about.

I would definitely be behind the idea, I think it's a great idea and could try to do some promoting for it.

I think it would be interesting to just bring in some speakers from professionals in the field or maybe even a representative from Adobe (graphics) or Canon or Nikon (photography) etc. Have them talk about the future of their fields and other topics.

Music - Hmmm, I'm into indie rock, I'm sure there are a ton of bands around the TX area that could play.

I could even possibly make it out there if/when it happens. It all depends on the timing and the cost of everything (plane tickets, hotels, the event, etc).