* Login   * Register

Last visit was:
It is currently June 18th, 2019, 8:36 am

emo_boy
 Post subject: Adobe CS 5.5 announced
PostPosted: April 11th, 2011, 7:32 am 
Administrator
Administrator

SAN JOSE, Calif., — April 11, 2011 — Adobe Systems Incorporated (Nasdaq:ADBE) today announced the new Adobe® Creative Suite® 5.5 product line (see separate releases), enabling designers and developers to target popular and emerging smartphone and tablet platforms, as the revolution in mobile communications fundamentally changes the way content is distributed and consumed. Substantive advances to HTML5, Flash authoring, digital publishing and video tools as well as new capabilities that kick-start the integration of tablets into creative workflows, anchor the new Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 product family.

This launch marks a major change to Adobe’s product release strategy for Creative Suite, the industry-leading design and development software for virtually every creative workflow across print, video, mobile and online media. Adobe now plans to have milestone Creative Suite product introductions at 24-month intervals and – starting with Creative Suite 5.5 – significant mid-cycle releases designed to keep the worldwide creative community ahead of the latest advances in content authoring.

switch
 Post subject: Re: Adobe CS 5.5 announced
PostPosted: April 20th, 2011, 7:33 pm 
Abstract Pro
Abstract Pro

are they doing any kind of update deals? say if i own cs5, pay like 50 bucks for the update?

btw hi all, i'm rendering a fractal atm that i'll kick up here some time tomo got about 13 hrs or so to go.

I'm back for now, being really busy, but i have a few months of down time til i ship out for the airforce, so i'll start makin stuff again. ^^

emo_boy
PostPosted: April 21st, 2011, 7:13 am 
Administrator
Administrator

The upgrade will not be that cheap. It is $400 to upgrade from CS5 Web Premium to CS5.5 Web Premium. If you were just doing Photoshop upgrade it would likely be lower though.

Nice to hear from you again! :wave:

switch
PostPosted: April 21st, 2011, 9:16 am 
Abstract Pro
Abstract Pro

damn web premeium is nice but it's not THAT nice lol

tossed a fractal up for you guys not as good a res as i would have liked though.

emo_boy
PostPosted: April 21st, 2011, 11:13 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah, I agree. At work we need it because it has Dreamweaver and Flash, two programs we also need.

I am off to check out your new work now.