* Login   * Register

Last visit was:
It is currently November 11th, 2019, 1:48 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
emo_boy
 Post subject: pstennis.net
PostPosted: September 8th, 2004, 8:32 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I bought www.pstennis.net just wondering any ideas for this site? I want to to relate VERY much with AI and have it not taking anything away from AI but bring MORE people perhaps to AI.

I was thinking just a straight URL Forward to the main page here, but also was thinking we could make like a separate page for it and have it like say challege us here at AI. Also it could display all the pstennis matches we've had, in fact yes. I think it should do exactly that!

It should have a bunch of battles you can look at...

Anyone interested in helping me design this? Please let me know if you are good at web design (because I suck)!!!

Last edited by emo_boy on September 8th, 2004, 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blindspot
 Post subject:
PostPosted: September 8th, 2004, 8:50 pm 
Abstract Guru
Abstract Guru

I wouldn't be any help in designing, but i do think it is a good idea

emo_boy
 Post subject:
PostPosted: September 8th, 2004, 10:14 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah, it should be cool, I'm asking around for a little help with ideas and some of the design layout...

Here is a little more info I could think of to include...

oSome background information about PS Tennis and what it is in general.
oResources to PS Tennis Sites (forums, stock photos etc)
oDisplaying different matches and volleys from AI and Team Matches.

skate342
 Post subject:
PostPosted: September 9th, 2004, 6:22 am 
Administrator
Administrator

sounds good emo. you know i can always help.

emo_boy
 Post subject:
PostPosted: September 9th, 2004, 8:33 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks Skate!

I've seen great work from Cone and br3n too (ehmm) :D

emo_boy
 Post subject:
PostPosted: September 9th, 2004, 10:56 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Cool...

Cone has decieded to help me with the design layout.

And Consumed advised he would help with some of the code if needed.

Thanks guys, I will keep you guys updated on the progress...

skate342
 Post subject:
PostPosted: September 9th, 2004, 2:27 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

sweet, looking forward to getting started on this sucker.

Tha.Riddla
 Post subject:
PostPosted: September 9th, 2004, 6:12 pm 

maybe you could drop a line to mark clarkson (mclarkson at 12stone) for some history about PS tennis. He put a bit about it in the book. He might be able to get you a few links to find out more.

alex
 Post subject:
PostPosted: September 9th, 2004, 7:46 pm 
Abstract Expert
Abstract Expert

do what I was going to do with pixelpolice originally. make it a battle ground type things, people can post their PS tennis history, all the images from all their battles, have ranking, a ladder, all kinds of stuff. then there could be ps tennis "champions", and what not. I didn't exactly explain it will, tell me if I need to elaborate more. It would be a bunch of work, and you would need a backend guy, but it would be hardcore worth it, if it was done properly it could be HUGE.

I would be willling to supply the hosting

alex
 Post subject:
PostPosted: September 9th, 2004, 7:47 pm 
Abstract Expert
Abstract Expert

I could help with the design if you need it, I usually have amazing ideas just none of the patience to execute them.

emo_boy
 Post subject:
PostPosted: September 9th, 2004, 7:52 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks for teh suggestion Riddla, I will sure do that.

I understand what your going for alex. It does sound like a lot of work, and Consumed said he knows backend programming and might be able to assist me in something like this. I will have to talk to him to see what he thinks.

My main concern with this (PST.NET) is NOT to take any traffic or 'attention' a way from AI. If anything, I want this to bring more people into this great community. Meaning, I don't really have any plans to set up a forum or community with PST.NET

I hope you see my meaning behind it. I do however, want it to be the ultimate PS Tennis site, where it has tons of resources and background infomation on PS Tennis, also where Volleys/Designs would go...

So, I'll talk to consumed about that idea Alex... Please post here if you have any ideas for this project, it's very OPEN...

emo_boy
 Post subject:
PostPosted: September 9th, 2004, 7:53 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Also thanks for the hosting offer, as of now, I think I will use my AI server space for it, however, if I were to need some space for whatever reason, I'll give you a shout Alex.

Thanks ;)

alex
 Post subject:
PostPosted: September 9th, 2004, 7:56 pm 
Abstract Expert
Abstract Expert

emo_boy wrote:
Thanks for teh suggestion Riddla, I will sure do that.

I understand what your going for alex. It does sound like a lot of work, and Consumed said he knows backend programming and might be able to assist me in something like this. I will have to talk to him to see what he thinks.

My main concern with this (PST.NET) is NOT to take any traffic or 'attention' a way from AI. If anything, I want this to bring more people into this great community. Meaning, I don't really have any plans to set up a forum or community with PST.NET

I hope you see my meaning behind it. I do however, want it to be the ultimate PS Tennis site, where it has tons of resources and background infomation on PS Tennis, also where Volleys/Designs would go...

So, I'll talk to consumed about that idea Alex... Please post here if you have any ideas for this project, it's very OPEN...

if you could somehow integrate the whole thing together, like have AI s the forums, and peoples ranks could be under the post count, and then win/loss underneath, it would attract alot of people. but again, tons of work, im fairly good with phpbb though, lemme know when you decide. you should assemble some kind of a team or something.

emo_boy
 Post subject:
PostPosted: September 9th, 2004, 8:03 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah, I really should. Right now I have Cone Graf working on a design/layout, no code. I can either try to intregrate HTML in and code the basics my self. Consumed said he knows mySQL/PHP/HTML all very well, so he could be a backend/coder type guy for this.

I think that would be awesome if I could incorprate the forums into the site, that would be awesome! Great idea with that! I do realize this will end up being a pretty big project...

I really like that idea Alex and I will definitly keep you informed and get some more information on that rank idea...

First off, I guess we need to think of how the 'Battle system' will work?

Right now, I only thought of having designs displayed from battles and I think a Battle System would be awesome! But if we could get a outline of how it would work, consumed could maybe help us with it...

skate342
 Post subject:
PostPosted: September 9th, 2004, 8:10 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Personally, i think the wins/losses idea is a bad idea. Alot of people could be drawn away from battling if they are worried about losing, because if this idea is used, it will say right underneath their name that they lost. Plus this will involve constant judging and scoring. to be completely honest, i dont like the idea at all. PS battles are meant to learn and have fun, not to be ranked among other people.

why can't the site just display all the work and all that you've been saying, but keep the forums seperate.

why not just link to the PS tennis forum for those who want to start battles? where they can go ahead and register and start a quick match however they like it.

i'm just saying, i really dont think it should turn into a competitive thing at all.

skate342
 Post subject:
PostPosted: September 9th, 2004, 8:16 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

emo_boy wrote:
oSome background information about PS Tennis and what it is in general.
oResources to PS Tennis Sites (forums, stock photos etc)
oDisplaying different matches and volleys from AI and Team Matches.

basically i think there is absolutely nothing wrong with keeping it nice and simple like that. ^^

alex
 Post subject:
PostPosted: September 9th, 2004, 8:46 pm 
Abstract Expert
Abstract Expert

you could also have the option of having it rated or not, so that you would only have comp. if you wanted to.

skate342
 Post subject:
PostPosted: September 9th, 2004, 8:53 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

true, but why have it displayed under all our names and give us special rankings? i dont think any member here should look superior to anyone else, nor should they feel intimitated.

dont get me wrong alex, its a good idea, i just dont think AI is a good place for something like that. if this forum was created only for that sort of idea (battle competitions) it would work out really well. as for me, i dont really see AI's main focus on competitions/winning or losing.

emo_boy
 Post subject:
PostPosted: September 9th, 2004, 9:54 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Very good point.

But I still like the idea of having people submitting their designs and having the forum intregated with the site.

Keep the ideas coming :)

Tha.Riddla
 Post subject:
PostPosted: September 9th, 2004, 11:44 pm 

if you want it to be a site ABOUT photoshop tennis, you should link to sites, possibly display some tennis, but not start off holding matches there. no forums, just a resource site about PS tennis. You should have a history section, links (forums, sites that hold tennis matches), resources (again sites, tutorial sites, etc.), and publications that highlight PS tennis and its ideas.

Contour
 Post subject:
PostPosted: September 10th, 2004, 6:19 am 
Abstract Guru
Abstract Guru

i like riddla's idea of not having it for announcing battles at first and that it just explains and shows what ps tennis is

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next